FOYA Awards was first introduced in the year 2016, with the first edition of the awards taking place in November the same year during the The Founders Entrepreneurship Forum (TEFO 2016).
The second edition of the prestigious annual awards event is set to take place on the 27th may 2017, with a number of new categories introduced. The awards event is guided on the principle of promoting, recognizing and appreciating young founders developing the nation while creating jobs through entrepreneurship and to motivate others to start businesses for economic sustainability.
The Awards whose mission and vision is to recognize and award extraordinary young founders in Kenya in different categories and celebrate young founders impacting our nation through entrepreneurship.
It is set to kick start its nominations on 1st April 2017 with an expectation of having more nominations under 7 categories, compared to last year’s which saw more than 200 young entrepreneurs nominated under the 4 categories.
For eligibility to participate;
- The founder must be of Kenyan origin and of between the age of 17 – 32 years.
- Only founders whose businesses lie within the 7 categories which will be disclosed during the opening of the nominations on 1st April 2017 will be admitted into the competition.
- Founders nominated must have businesses that have been in existence for more than 6 months and created employment for more than 5 people.
- The business must be registered by the registrar of companies.
The awards event is guided on the principle of promoting, recognizing and appreciating young founders developing the nation while creating jobs through entrepreneurship and to motivate others to start businesses for economic sustainability.
- The nominations will begin on 1st – 21st April 2017.
- Verification of the nominees will begin on 22nd – 28th April 2017
- Voting and judging will take place between the 1st – 26th May 2017 whereby voting will account for 40% while the judges input will account for the remaining 60% of the success of nominees.
The Awards Ceremony will take place on the 27th May 2017 with the winners receiving;
- Cash prizes
- 3 months free advertisement on TheFounder Magazine
- 1 year free membership at TheFounders Club
- 3 months business mentorship on running and growing your business
- Automatic entry to The Founders Entrepreneurship Forum (TEFO2017)
FOYA Awards 2016 saw young founders in Social Entrepreneurship, Fashion, Technology and Communications and Public Relations recognized.
For more information visit: www.thefounder.co.ke/foya