A lot has been said regarding what is thought to be Ubers key competitor in Kenya with Kenyans showing both a pessimistic and optimistic attitude towards the same.
To enable you understand Little cabs more,here are its 10 Major characteristics.
1. Little cab is homegrown
2. Little Cab is currently the most affordable option in the market, charging a minimum fare of Ksh.270 and a cost of KSh.55 per kilometer or Ksh.4 per minute. Its major competitor charges Ksh.60 per KM and Ksh.4 per minute.
3. There is free Wi-Fi services in every little cab vehicle under the partnership, which will be powered by Safaricom.
4. Users can opt for a ‘Ride Later’ option that allows them to schedule their trips to avoid inconvenience
5. Little Cab App offers convenient payment options that include cash, cards and LIPA NA M- PESA as drivers will be provided with PayBill numbers. A USSD Code is expected to be introduced soon to allow those with no Smartphone’s to book their rides at ease. In due time, according to Bob Collymore, Users will be able to pay Using Safaricom Bonga Points.
6. Little Cab Drivers will be empowered economically by offering them more returns on investment through value ads such as free data and phones and favorable rates.
7. Little Cab will take no more than 15% off driver’s earnings, compared to other players in the market who take between 18% to 25%
8. Little cab has a lady friendly category, Lady Bug, with professional lady drivers to ensure women’s safety on the road.
9. Little cab has a corporate option though which businesses can offer Little Cab as a convenient corporate taxi option for their employees. Under this, a corporate dashboard will enable businesses track and manage employee rides down to department level, while users can easily switch between personal and corporate rides on the app.
10. Little Cabs offer Real-Time Driver information, including charges which the customer can access. Live GPS enabled maps and ability for riders to give feedback.